Today is the day my baby girl, turns three. THREE! Seriously, I still do not know how that possibly could be. I look at the clock now, and think back to three years ago today, when she came into this world three weeks too early, but right on time for me. My little Christmas baby and present. A joy and complete whirlwind arrival. I think of her tiny little fingers and nose and swear I can still smell her sweet newborn smell if I think really hard. And, while I very much find birthdays for myself exciting, for Lo, they are all too often bittersweet. She has grown. Another year down. And, yes, I am grateful and blessed for this past year, it is too nostalgic to really think how quickly time does pass and every moment and milestone you thought just would never come, has come and gone. But, instead of focusing on my pitiful sadness of watching my baby turn into a little lady, I celebrate her and the many joys she has brought to me.
- Your imagination and the wonder in your eyes. Watching you pretend play is like living every day in theatre. You are so committed to your imaginary world and bring us in with your stories and play.
- Your uncanny ability to hear a song play once and then be able to sing the lyrics upon the second time it plays. I cannot tell you how many times your Dad and I have looked at each other, “Oh my goodness can you believe this?”
- How when we say our nighttime prayers, after listing all our family, you pause, giggle and say, “And, waterparks.”
- The fact that you can without certain, determine if I have heated your bottle to the perfect :35 seconds.
- Your sense of adventure and exploration. A distinct characteristic you must have gotten from your father.
- When you ask to eat at “Chic FOR Lay” 🙂
- Your idea of a Saturday. Shopping! Girl, your father is going to be in trouble.
- Your my cuddle bug, and I love when you curl up in my arms.
- Speaking of that you are my baby cakes and honey bee and if I address you anything different you quickly remind me that those are your names.
- When you take your little hands and squeeze our checks and announce, “I love you!”
- Your obsession with the movie ELF this holiday season.
- Your big blue eyes and bright smile.
- Your giggles and laugh really are my favorite.
Today you are three! But, as I explained to you last night as I put you to sleep, while two is now gone, my sweet baby, you will always be. Remember, you promised!
Happy Birthday, our sweet girl. We adore you and love you.