1) Ease – When you work full-time, add on a commute, allow time to pick-up Lo and get home, sometimes it is 6:30 pm or 7 pm before I am even standing in my kitchen. I actually enjoy cooking but I do not enjoy it when it feels like another chore on an already busy day.
2) Semi-Healthy – I know. I sound like a jerk. Semi-healthy? Really? Could not just go for the healthy? I am real, people. Real I tell you! Maybe I have not yet mastered my meal planning and maybe I have not studied up on nutrition enough, but for me, #1 and #3 matter so much. If that Mac’ N Cheese calls for whole milk, butter and cheese – I am doing it! I do though always opt for fresh over processed and really strive for veggies and color. So there. Give me some slack.
3) Delicious – Yep. Mac’ N Cheese! 🙂 Nathan and I enjoy food. We love to eat. We barely eat breakfast and lunch is always on the go or at a desk, so dinner is kind of special and homemade always tastes best.
BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
- 1 lb of Flank Steak (I cut mine into thin slices, against the grain)
- Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 of Yellow Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Beef Stock
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
Season the flank steak with salt and pepper and rub in. Slice the flank steak into thin strips. Toss the beef in a bowl with corn starch. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the beef to the pan and cook. It only takes a few minutes to cook the beef. Once cooked, remove beef and place on a plate and set aside. Add the sliced onion, broccoli and garlic to the pan and stir. Once the vegetables are starting to cook add the beef broth and let the vegetables simmer for about 10 minutes. Cook the Ramen Noodles to package directions. Do not using the seasoning in the Ramen Noodle package. I also cook mine al dente.
To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together to mix.
Add the beef and cooked Ramen Noodles to the vegetable mix and add the sauce. Stir all ingredients and cook for another 5 minutes. The sauce will thicken up.
Looking for some other quick and easy dinner recipes?